ALONE

 

ALONE

One day I was all alone at home

To call my parents I didn’t even have a phone

So I decided to break some rules

That day I skipped the school

Wore a pretty dress and went to a mall

Went to many places till I finished them all

First I played all the games

Won all of them without any shame

From there I went to an amusement park

Even rode those rides where kids were not allowed

I was starving so ate an ice cream

My day felt like a marvelous dream

Returned to home and stayed up late

Watched a spooky movie till the change of date

Next day when I woke up, my parents were there

I hugged them tight without a minute to spare!

My parents asked me if it was a fun day

Tell us what you did, watched TV or played

I didn’t know what to say

Should I tell them what I did the whole day?

-       Anaya Sheth

Comments

  1. Lovely, u should keep secret how u enjoyed ur day

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You so much , Aunty! I love reading your comments.

      Delete
  2. Amazing my sweetheart 💝😍😘

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing.... wish I can also spend any day like this...��And yes... you should tell them everything. There should be one person in ur life (mom, dad, dadi, nani, masi ,didi or bhai)with whom u can share everything without fear.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you , Masi..We will plan such day for sure! The last lines are just for the poem. 😁

      Delete
  4. Nicely penned but didn't understand why there is a question mark as to you should tell them all or not.
    You must tell yr parents all the things always.

    ReplyDelete
  5. When I read title... I think this fantasy is related to sadness... But after reading... It's superb... Really you think different... Keep it up... 👌🏻👏🏻

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

BOOK REVIEW – THE WITCHES BY ROALD DAHL

MY EXPERIENCE OF THE SCHOOL CARNIVAL

A SECRET PASSAGE