WHAT'S IN A NAME?

 

I read somewhere that names have powers like magic spells and I agree. My unique and cool name is Anaya Sheth. I really love my name as it means ‘topmost leader’ in Sanskrit and ‘God’s gift’ in Hebrew. I always feel like a leader, thanks to my name. I think that, sometimes, a part of me is my name. My name enlightens who I am, my personality. Like my name, I want to be a leader one day. By leader, I don’t mean in any profession or of any land but leader as a great human being and someone who brings a change to this perfectly imperfect world and to ourselves.

Despite my love for my name, there is one thing I don’t like about my name. Many call me ‘Aanya’ or ‘Ananya’. I would prefer them to take some effort in remembering or reading my name correctly. It’s a bit of a hassle correcting them every time. This makes me want to change my name sometimes but then I remind myself that my name is practically who I am. It is the first thing people get to know about me before everything else. Juliet in Shakespeare’s play ‘Romeo and Juliet’ asks ‘What’s in a name?’. Well, I say ‘Quite a lot actually.’ After all, doesn’t your name reflect who you are? Unique, selfless, intelligent, brave, kind – it’s all in your name. Your name is part of your character, your personality, your heart and your mind. Your name is YOU. I would just like to tell everyone that, be proud of your name and show it off like you would show off the new sleek black Rolls Royce you just bought.

-        Anaya Sheth

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

BOOK REVIEW – THE WITCHES BY ROALD DAHL

MY EXPERIENCE OF THE SCHOOL CARNIVAL

A SECRET PASSAGE