BIRD IN A CAGE

 

I once saw a beautiful golden bird in a cage

Its eyes blue and filled with rage

Tears rolled down its rosy cheeks

I went closer to take a better peep

It spread its wings and tried to escape

But fell down and realised its mistake

I felt sorry for the poor little creature

As flying free was supposed to be its nature

I walked up to a house that looked quite pale

Opened the door and found a man on a sofa reading his mail

I told him to let the bird go then and there

For animals‘  freedom we should care

‘No way! That’s my bird!’ he said

 ‘Let it be free and happy instead’

‘Let it soar the skies up high

And make new friends ’ said I

I ran towards the cage and quickly opened it

The bird flew out and smiled at my wit

I see it sometimes sitting on the tree outside my home

Singing sweet songs in a beautiful tone!

 

-        Anaya Sheth

Comments

  1. A poem with deep meaning and fantastic use of language ! Keep it up dear !

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love birds. Today I saw two parrots in a cage and want to buy them as want to spend time with them. But as there was a traffic I thought in evening I will purchase. But may b destiny doesn't want to do this for me. So today u wrote this poem to stop me from doing something wrong..Thanks baby

    ReplyDelete
  3. My little one is soo mature and such an amazing presentation Too good... Keep up the good work 👏😘❤️

    ReplyDelete
  4. WAh anaya bhu saras

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

BOOK REVIEW – THE WITCHES BY ROALD DAHL

MY EXPERIENCE OF THE SCHOOL CARNIVAL

A SECRET PASSAGE