I THOUGHT I HATED SUMMER

 

I THOUGHT I HATED SUMMER

When my ma'am told us to recite a poem on ‘Summer’

I thought that it was quite a bummer

 

Summer is not one of my favourite seasons

In Ahmedabad, I am sure nobody will try to reason

 

Heat makes me sweaty and oh so hot

The Sun looks so furious, I kid you not

 

Maybe I am biased, summer isn't all that bad

Having fun in the golden Sun makes me glad

 

We can eat ice apples and mangoes galore

Hot weather makes me want them more and more

 

I crave for yummy ice creams and watermelon juice

Yay for School Vacation, it's time to let loose

 

Wearing colourful summery dresses l roam around

Spend time on a beach and listen to the ocean sound

 

Now I think, I don't really hate the summer season

Cause you see, I have many good reasons!

 

-        ANAYA SHETH

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

BOOK REVIEW – THE WITCHES BY ROALD DAHL

MY EXPERIENCE OF THE SCHOOL CARNIVAL

A SECRET PASSAGE