DANCING IN THE RAIN

 

Oh how I love dancing in the rain

Join the peacocks and go insane

Dance so much till my heart is full

Looking around everything is beautiful

I would jump high in muddy puddles

Strain my clothes and I would be in trouble

I would catch the raindrops on my palm

Listen to the singing breeze in calm

Pitter patter pitter patter the rain would drop

I wish this music would never stop

Make some paper boats and float it in rain

Watch them go and vanish in the lane

Clouds in the sky would be dark and black

It would be a perfect time to have a hot snack

Colourful umbrellas would cover the street

All the benches would be too wet to sit

With all the rain water, the plant would grow

Bathing in the rain, the trees would glow

I would wait for the Sun to come out of clouds

So I could see a rainbow looking very proud

Fragrance of the soil would cover the air

You would feel pure joy everywhere!

-        ANAYA SHETH

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BOOK REVIEW – THE WITCHES BY ROALD DAHL

MY EXPERIENCE OF THE SCHOOL CARNIVAL

A SECRET PASSAGE