BIRD NEST ON MY WINDOW

When Anaya went to stay with her grandparents, a bird made a nest on the window of her room, Anaya was smitten with this bird and the eggs and took great care of them. She excitedly wrote a poem on them (and instructed me to upload photos as well)

BIRD NEST ON MY WINDOW

One day a white bird came on my window

In her beak, she was holding a straw

She looked around to find a safe place

Then carefully put down the straw to make a nest

The next morning, I saw an egg in that nest

The bird family had now a new address

The white bird was actually a pretty dove

She took care of her egg with lots of love

When I went to look at the egg the next day

There was one more egg with a shade of grey

Gazing at them daily, I felt full of glee

The eggs were actually very beautiful to see

Eggie is what I named the mother bird

Chirpy and Cheery the chicks were to be called

Mother dove, Eggie, is not scared of me

She kept her egg warm and didn’t mind if I saw

Eggie is my friend and let me pat her

She has really soft and shiny white feathers

I kept some water and grains near her nest

So Eggie could have food and take some rest

I talked with Eggie and her eggs all the time

Told many stories and sang songs that rhyme

 The eggs soon hatched and Chirpy-Cheery were born

I am making sure nothing harms them not even a thorn!

-            ANAYA SHETH




Comments

  1. The bird family had now a new address... Very creative. Loved it. 😊

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, she sometimes uses her iPad to find rhyming words and then make a sentence using that word

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

BOOK REVIEW – THE WITCHES BY ROALD DAHL

MY EXPERIENCE OF THE SCHOOL CARNIVAL

A SECRET PASSAGE