TREE ON A HILL

 

TREE ON A HILL

A little back story -  A while back we were taking a stroll with friends on a Sunday evening when we came across a tree. This single tree was on a small hill in a big field. A stream was flowing nearby. Anaya said " Mamma, I could write a poem on this tree". I replied  " Sure, Baby". Here is what she wrote.....

A crooked tree on a hill is what I saw

I looked at it with an awe

This tree had not a single leaf

It looked very spooky and in grief

Sitting on that tree were black seagulls

They all looked very grumpy and dull

A river was flowing besides the tree

It looked incredibly beautiful to see

This tree was surrounded by grass very thick

I sat on it and had a little picnic

Now the tree was not looking very sad

I think having me there the tree was glad!

 

-        ANAYA SHETH


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

BOOK REVIEW – THE WITCHES BY ROALD DAHL

MY EXPERIENCE OF THE SCHOOL CARNIVAL

A SECRET PASSAGE