MY EXPERIENCE OF THE SCHOOL CARNIVAL

 

Excitement was in the air. It was almost time for my first school carnival. We had worked hard to make this event flawless and memorable for all. We were making decorations since weeks. We were perfecting our speeches in our minds continuously.  Our teachers were also working tirelessly making everything better. They were pouring their heart into making this carnival a huge success. We had butterflies in our stomachs. I, especially, was a bit petrified as it was my first time handling a stall. Also, I couldn’t wait to experience this amazing carnival!

The carnival was divided into two days. The first day was ‘The Fete Fiesta’ followed by ‘The Open House’. The Fete Fiesta would be a lot of fun as there would be games, rides and delicious food. I reached there with my parents. I met up with my friends and had a great time. We played games till our heart’s content and also won a few prizes. The energy there was electrifying. Most of all, our principal ma’am’s enthusiasm was truly infectious.  While listening to some good music by our inhouse FM station, we filled our bellies and our hearts.

The very next day was our open house. We reached there early to make last minute preparations. We got ready with our stalls and now it was our turn to shine. Our school was a sight for sore eyes. The School Orchestra played melodious music at the entrance, welcoming everyone to this enchanting event. Every nook and corner was beautifully decorated with different themes. Our classroom was no different. The middle of our classroom was decorated in such a way that it felt as if you are walking on the riverbed and wandering in the surrounding mountains. Everyone started arriving at around 10:30 a.m. My classmates, one by one, were taking the visitors on a beautiful journey through the majestic mountains. It felt like they were weaving a story. Some of us had stalls on different concepts which we had learned throughout the year. I had a stall on ‘Similes’. I explained about similes and also played a game related to that. At first, I was feeling nervous but, after a while, I found my rhythm. A steady flow of visitors continued throughout the day. We were tired by the end of the school day but also very satisfied with our accomplishment.

It was a great experience to have. This event surely lessened my fear of public speaking. What can I say? – I am now feeling as confident as an eagle in flight.

-         ANAYA SHETH

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

BOOK REVIEW – THE WITCHES BY ROALD DAHL

A SECRET PASSAGE