YOGA

 

On 21st June, we celebrate ‘International Yoga day’

What is so special about yoga anyway?

My mom was shocked when I asked her this

She said 'Sit down and listen to me, Miss'

Yoga means 'Union' in Sanskrit

Yoga is mentioned in 'Rig Veda' and it's not a myth

Yoga was started in ancient India Five Thousand years ago

Practise it every day and you will feel the glow

Yoga energies our body, mind and soul

It teaches you self-control and makes you feel whole

It is much more than just an exercise

And it is fit for every age or size

Yoga brings calmness, flexibility and strength to you

So come on get up and try a pose or two

My mother's words struck me hard

Then and there, I grabbed my yoga mat and ran to the yard!

-       ANAYA SHETH

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

BOOK REVIEW – THE WITCHES BY ROALD DAHL

MY EXPERIENCE OF THE SCHOOL CARNIVAL

A SECRET PASSAGE